Canada Grain Act
Marginal note:Requirement to issue grain receipt or cash purchase ticket
81 (1) With respect to the purchase of western grain from a producer of that grain, every licensed grain dealer shall, at the prescribed time and in the prescribed manner, issue a grain receipt or cash purchase ticket stating the grade name, grade and dockage of the grain, and immediately provide it to the producer.
(2) [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 37 (4th Supp.), s. 24]
Marginal note:Commission contracts
(3) No licensed grain dealer who acts for any person on a commission basis in relation to the purchase or sale of western grain by a grade name shall, except with the consent of that person, buy, sell or have any interest directly or indirectly beyond the dealer’s agreed commission in the purchase or sale of the grain.
(4) No licensed grain dealer shall
(a) except with the permission of the Commission, enter into a contract relating to western grain that the dealer has reason to believe is infested or contaminated; or
(b) enter into a contract that provides for the delivery of western grain to an elevator or a consignee if the grain is not lawfully receivable by the operator of the elevator or other consignee.
- R.S., 1985, c. G-10, s. 81
- R.S., 1985, c. 37 (4th Supp.), s. 24
- 1994, c. 45, s. 22
- Date modified: