Insurance Companies Act
Marginal note:Shareholder lists
263 (1) A person who is entitled to a basic list of shareholders of a company (in this section referred to as the “applicant”) may request the company to furnish the applicant with a basic list within ten days after receipt by the company of the affidavit referred to in subsection (2) and, on payment of a reasonable fee by the applicant, the company shall comply with the request.
Marginal note:Affidavit and contents
(2) A request under subsection (1) must be accompanied by an affidavit containing
(a) the name and address of the applicant,
(b) the name and address for service of the entity, if the applicant is an entity, and
(c) an undertaking that the basic list and any supplemental lists obtained pursuant to subsections (5) and (6) will not be used except as permitted under section 265,
and, if the applicant is an entity, the affidavit shall be made by a director or an officer of the entity, or any person acting in a similar capacity.
(3) Every shareholder, policyholder who is entitled to vote or creditor of a company or the personal representative of a shareholder, policyholder who is entitled to vote or creditor of a company is entitled to a basic list of shareholders of the company, but, if the company is a distributing company within the meaning of subsection 288(1), any person is entitled to a basic list of shareholders of the company on request therefor.
Marginal note:Basic list of shareholders
(4) A basic list of shareholders of a company consists of a list of shareholders that is made up to a date not more than ten days before the receipt of the affidavit referred to in subsection (2) and that sets out
Marginal note:Supplemental lists
(5) A person requiring a company to supply a basic list of shareholders may, if the person states in the accompanying affidavit that supplemental lists are required, request the company or its agent, on payment of a reasonable fee, to provide supplemental lists of shareholders setting out any changes from the basic list in the names and addresses of the shareholders and the number of shares owned by each shareholder for each business day following the date to which the basic list is made up.
Marginal note:When supplemental lists to be furnished
(6) A company or its agent shall provide a supplemental list of shareholders required under subsection (5)
(a) within ten days following the date the basic list is provided, where the information relates to changes that took place prior to that date; and
(b) within ten days following the day to which the supplemental list relates, where the information relates to changes that took place on or after the date the basic list was provided.
- Date modified: