Invest in Canada Act (S.C. 2017, c. 20, s. 442)
- HTMLFull Document: Invest in Canada Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Invest in Canada Act [34 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Invest in Canada Act [191 KB]
Act current to 2023-05-17 and last amended on 2018-03-12. Previous Versions
Marginal note:Establishment and composition
12 (1) The Invest in Canada Hub is to have a board of directors consisting of not more than 11 directors, including a Chairperson and a Vice-Chairperson.
Marginal note:Ex officio director — Deputy Minister
(2) The Deputy Minister of the department for which the Minister is responsible is ex officio a director of the board of directors.
(3) The Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and the other directors, except the Deputy Minister, are to be appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office on a part-time basis and during pleasure for a term not exceeding three years that will ensure, to the extent possible, the end in any one year of the terms of office of not more than one half of the directors.
(4) A director appointed under subsection (3) is eligible for reappointment in the same or another capacity.
Marginal note:Remuneration and expenses
(5) A director appointed under subsection (3) is to be paid the remuneration that is fixed by the Governor in Council and is entitled to be paid reasonable travel and living expenses incurred while absent from their ordinary place of residence in the course of their duties under this Act.
- Date modified: