Marginal note:Indian Register
Marginal note:Existing Indian Register
(2) The names in the Indian Register immediately prior to April 17, 1985 shall constitute the Indian Register on April 17, 1985.
Marginal note:Deletions and additions
(3) The Registrar may at any time add to or delete from the Indian Register the name of any person who, in accordance with this Act, is entitled or not entitled, as the case may be, to have his name included in the Indian Register.
Marginal note:Date of change
(4) The Indian Register shall indicate the date on which each name was added thereto or deleted therefrom.
Marginal note:Application for registration
(5) The name of a person who is entitled to be registered is not required to be recorded in the Indian Register unless an application for registration is made to the Registrar.
- R.S., 1985, c. I-5, s. 5
- R.S., 1985, c. 32 (1st Supp.), s. 4
- Date modified: