Marginal note:Tenure and removal
(2) Each member holds office during good behaviour, and may be removed for cause at any time by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Term of office
(3) The term of office for the initial members appointed to the Commission ends on August 31, 2003. The members subsequently appointed hold office for a term of four years.
Marginal note:Continuance of duties
(4) Where the term of a member ends, other than in the case of removal for cause, the member may carry out and complete any duties of the members in respect of a matter that was referred to the Commission under subsection 26(4) while he or she was a member.
(5) A member is eligible to be reappointed for one further term if re-nominated in accordance with subsection (1).
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity
(6) In the event of the absence or incapacity of a member, the Governor in Council may appoint as a substitute temporary member a person nominated in accordance with subsection (1) to hold office during the absence or incapacity.
(7) If the office of a member becomes vacant during the term of the member, the Governor in Council shall appoint a person nominated in accordance with subsection (1) to hold office as a member for the remainder of the term.
(8) A quorum of the Commission consists of all three members.
(9) The members of the Commission and persons carrying out duties under subsection (4) shall be paid
(10) The members of the Commission and persons carrying out duties under subsection (4) are deemed to be employed in the public service of Canada for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- 1998, c. 30, s. 5
- Date modified: