Marginal note:Amounts payable out of C.R.F.
53 (1) The salaries, allowances and annuities payable under this Act and the amounts payable under sections 46.1 and 51 shall be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund.
(2) For any period less than a year, the salaries and annuities payable under this Act shall be paid pro rata.
Marginal note:Monthly instalments
(3) The salaries and annuities payable under this Act shall be paid by monthly instalments.
Marginal note:First payment
(4) The first payment of salary of any judge shall be made pro rata on the first day of the month that occurs next after the appointment of the judge.
Marginal note:Legal representatives
(5) If a judge resigns the office of judge or dies, the judge or his or her legal representatives are entitled to receive such proportionate part of the judge’s salary as has accrued during the time that the judge executed the office since the last payment.
- R.S., 1985, c. J-1, s. 53
- 1989, c. 8, s. 13
- 2002, c. 8, s. 111(E)
- Date modified: