Canada Labour Code
(a) prescribing anything that by this Part is to be prescribed;
(a.1) restricting or prohibiting any activity or thing that any provision of this Part contemplates being the subject of regulations;
(a.2) prescribing the method for calculating and determining the regular rate of wages for the purpose of section 146.5; and
(b) respecting such other matters or things as are necessary to carry out the provisions of this Part.
(1.1) Where the Governor in Council is of the opinion that a regulation cannot appropriately be made by prescribing a standard or other thing that by a paragraph of sections 125 to 126 is to be prescribed, the Governor in Council may make regulations in relation to the safety and health matters referred to in that paragraph in such manner as the Governor in Council considers appropriate in the circumstances, whether or not the opinion of the Governor in Council is indicated at the time the regulations are made.
(2) and (2.1) [Repealed, 1993, c. 42, s. 11]
Marginal note:Ministerial recommendations
(3) Regulations of the Governor in Council under subsection (1) or (1.1) in respect of occupational safety and health of employees employed
(a) on ships, trains or aircraft, while in operation, shall be made on the recommendation of the Minister and the Minister of Transport; or
(b) on or in connection with exploration or drilling for or the production, conservation, processing or transportation of oil or gas in frontier lands, as defined in the Canada Petroleum Resources Act, shall be made on the recommendation of
Marginal note:Regulations general or specific
(4) Regulations made under this section may be made applicable to all employment to which this Part applies, to one or more classes of employment to which this Part applies or to such employment in one or more work places.
Marginal note:Incorporation of standards
(5) Regulations made under this section incorporating a standard by reference may incorporate the standard as enacted or adopted at a certain date, as amended to a certain date or as amended from time to time.
Marginal note:Compliance with standards
(6) Regulations made under this section that prescribe or incorporate a standard but that require the standard to be complied with only to the extent that compliance is practicable or reasonably practicable in circumstances governed by the standard may require the employer to report to the Minister the reason that full compliance is not practicable or reasonably practicable in particular circumstances.
- R.S., 1985, c. L-2, s. 157
- R.S., 1985, c. 9 (1st Supp.), s. 4, c. 26 (4th Supp.), s. 5
- 1992, c. 1, s. 93
- 1993, c. 42, s. 11
- 1994, c. 10, s. 29, c. 41, s. 37
- 2000, c. 20, s. 20
- 2013, c. 40, s. 198
- 2017, c. 20, s. 352
- 2019, c. 29, s. 375
- Date modified: