Marine Liability Act
Marginal note:Payments by Canada to International Fund and Supplementary Fund
117 (1) The Administrator shall direct payments to be made out of the Ship-source Oil Pollution Fund to the International Fund in accordance with Articles 10 and 12 of the Fund Convention and to the Supplementary Fund in accordance with Articles 10 and 12 of the Supplementary Fund Protocol.
Marginal note:Communication of information
(2) The Administrator shall communicate to the Minister and
Marginal note:Administrator’s liability
(3) The Administrator is liable for any financial loss to the International Fund or the Supplementary Fund, as the case may be, as a result of a failure to communicate the information.
Marginal note:Administrator’s powers
(4) The Administrator may, for the purpose of subsection (2),
(a) at any reasonable time, enter any place where he or she believes on reasonable grounds that there are any records, books of account, accounts, vouchers or other documents relating to information referred to in Article 15 of the Fund Convention or Article 13 of the Supplementary Fund Protocol, as the case may be;
(b) examine anything at the place and copy or take away for further examination or copying any record, book of account, account, voucher or other document that he or she believes, on reasonable grounds, contains any such information; and
(c) require the owner, occupier or person in charge of the place to give the Administrator all reasonable assistance in connection with the examination and to answer all proper questions relating to the examination and, for that purpose, require the owner, occupier or person in charge to attend at the place with the Administrator.
Marginal note:No obstruction or false statements
(5) No person shall obstruct or hinder the Administrator in the exercise of any powers under subsection (4) or knowingly make a false or misleading statement, either orally or in writing, to the Administrator while he or she is exercising those powers.
Marginal note:Warrant required to enter dwelling place
(6) A dwelling place may not be entered under subsection (4) unless it is entered with the occupant’s consent or under the authority of a warrant issued under subsection (7).
Marginal note:Authority to issue warrant
(7) On ex parte application, a justice, within the meaning of section 2 of the Criminal Code, may issue a warrant authorizing the Administrator to enter a dwelling place, subject to any conditions that may be specified in the warrant, if the justice is satisfied by information on oath that
- 2001, c. 6, s. 117
- 2009, c. 21, s. 11
- Date modified: