Nuclear Safety and Control Act
24 (1) The Commission may establish classes of licences authorizing the licensee to carry on any activity described in any of paragraphs 26(a) to (f) that is specified in the licence for the period that is specified in the licence.
(2) The Commission may issue, renew, suspend in whole or in part, amend, revoke or replace a licence on receipt of an application
Marginal note:Refund of fees
(3) The Commission may, under the prescribed circumstances, refund all or part of any fee referred to in paragraph (2)(c).
Marginal note:Conditions for issuance, etc.
(4) No licence may be issued, renewed, amended or replaced unless, in the opinion of the Commission, the applicant
(a) is qualified to carry on the activity that the licence will authorize the licensee to carry on; and
(b) will, in carrying on that activity, make adequate provision for the protection of the environment, the health and safety of persons and the maintenance of national security and measures required to implement international obligations to which Canada has agreed.
Marginal note:Terms and conditions of licences
(5) A licence may contain any term or condition that the Commission considers necessary for the purposes of this Act, including a condition that the applicant provide a financial guarantee in a form that is acceptable to the Commission.
Marginal note:Application of proceeds of financial guarantee
(6) The Commission may authorize the application of the proceeds of any financial guarantee referred to in subsection (5) in such manner as it considers appropriate for the purposes of this Act.
(7) The Commission shall grant to any person who provided a financial guarantee under subsection (5) a refund of any of the proceeds of the guarantee that have not been spent and may give the person, in addition to the refund, interest at the prescribed rate in respect of each month or fraction of a month between the time the financial guarantee is provided and the time the refund is granted, calculated on the amount of the refund.
Marginal note:Licence not transferable
(8) A licence may not be transferred.
- 1997, c. 9, s. 24
- 2001, c. 34, s. 59(F)
- Date modified: