Nuclear Safety and Control Act
Marginal note:Designated officers
37 (1) The Commission may designate, by name, title of office or class of persons, any person whom the Commission considers qualified as a designated officer and any officer so designated shall be provided with a certificate setting out the duties that the designated officer is authorized to carry out.
(2) The Commission may authorize a designated officer to
(a) certify and decertify prescribed equipment for the purposes of this Act;
(b) certify and decertify persons referred to in paragraph 44(1)(k) as qualified to carry out their duties under this Act or the duties of their employment, as the case may be;
(c) issue, on receipt of an application referred to in subsection 24(2), a licence of a class established by the Commission;
(d) renew, suspend in whole or in part, amend, revoke or replace, on receipt of an application referred to in subsection 24(2), a licence referred to in paragraph (c);
(e) designate any person whom the designated officer considers qualified as an analyst under section 28 or as an inspector under subsection 29(1);
(f) make any order that an inspector may make under subsection 35(1) or (2);
(g) confirm, amend, revoke or replace any order made by an inspector; or
(h) authorize the return to work of persons whose dose of radiation has or may have exceeded the prescribed radiation dose limits.
Marginal note:Production of certificate of designation
(3) In carrying out any of the duties referred to in subsection (2), a designated officer shall, if requested, produce the designated officer’s certificate of designation.
(4) A designated officer who refuses to issue, renew, suspend, amend, revoke or replace a licence shall notify the applicant of the refusal.
Marginal note:Report to Commission
(5) A designated officer shall report to the Commission on
(a) a refusal by the designated officer to issue, renew, suspend, amend, revoke or replace a licence;
(b) the issuance by the designated officer of a licence that contains the condition that the applicant provide a financial guarantee referred to in subsection 24(5);
(c) a renewal of a licence where the terms or conditions of the licence are amended, or a suspension, amendment, revocation or replacement of a licence, other than an amendment of terms or conditions or a suspension, amendment, revocation or replacement made on the application, or with the consent, of the licensee; and
(d) a confirmation, amendment, revocation or replacement of an order under paragraph (2)(g).
Marginal note:Review of report by Commission
(6) A designated officer shall refer any order made under paragraph (2)(f) to the Commission for review and the Commission shall confirm, amend, revoke or replace the order.
- 1997, c. 9, s. 37;
- 2001, c. 34, s. 60.
- Date modified: