National Defence Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. N-5)
- HTMLFull Document: National Defence Act (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: National Defence Act [1289 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: National Defence Act [2125 KB]
Act current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2022-06-20. Previous Versions
AMENDMENTS NOT IN FORCE
— 2013, c. 24, s. 12
R.S., c. 31(1st Supp.), s. 60 (Sch. I, s. 13)
12 Subsection 30(4) of the Act is replaced by the following:
(4) Subject to regulations made by the Governor in Council, the Chief of the Defence Staff may cancel the release or transfer of an officer or non-commissioned member if the officer or non-commissioned member consents and the Chief of the Defence Staff is satisfied that the release or transfer was improper.
(5) An officer or non-commissioned member whose release or transfer is cancelled is, except as provided in regulations made by the Governor in Council, deemed for the purpose of this Act or any other Act not to have been released or transferred.
— 2013, c. 24, s. 13
1998, c. 35, s. 10
13 Subsection 35(1) of the Act is replaced by the following:
Rates and conditions of pay
35 (1) The rates and conditions of issue of pay of officers and non-commissioned members, other than those mentioned in paragraph 12(3)(a), shall be established by the Treasury Board.
— 2013, c. 24, s. 46
46 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 165.37:
165.38 If the military judges are represented at an inquiry of the Military Judges Compensation Committee, the costs of representation shall be paid in the amount and manner, and according to the terms and conditions, prescribed by regulations made by the Governor in Council.
— 2013, c. 24, s. 73
73 The Act is amended by adding the following after section 249.21:
249.211 (1) The Governor in Council may by regulation establish a committee to determine, on the basis of the factors prescribed in regulations made by the Governor in Council, whether legal services should be provided by the Director of Defence Counsel Services to a person who exercises the right to appeal under section 230 or 245.
Protection of committee members
(2) No criminal or civil proceedings lie against a member of the committee for anything done, reported or said in good faith in the exercise or purported exercise of a power or in the performance or purported performance of a duty or function of the committee.
— 2015, c. 23, s. 32
2010, c. 17, s. 45(2)
32 Subsection 119.1(3) of the National Defence Act is replaced by the following:
Proof of certain facts by certificate
(3) In proceedings under subsection (1), a certificate of a person referred to in paragraph 16(2)(b.1) of the Sex Offender Information Registration Act stating that the person named in the certificate failed to report under section 4, 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3 — or provide information under section 5 or notify a person under subsection 6(1) or (1.01) — of that Act is evidence of the statements contained in it without proof of the signature or official character of the person appearing to have signed it.
- Date modified: