Old Age Security Act
Marginal note:Retroactive application by survivor
30 (1) Notwithstanding paragraph 19(6)(b) but subject to subsection (3), where a person dies, either before or after the beginning of September, 1985, and the person’s survivor would have been entitled to an allowance under section 19 had the survivor and the deceased person made joint application therefor before the death of the deceased person, the survivor may make application for an allowance under section 19 within one year after the death of the deceased person.
Marginal note:Treated as joint application
(2) An application referred to in subsection (1) shall be considered and dealt with as though it had been a joint application of the survivor and the deceased person and had been received on the date of the death of the deceased person.
(3) An allowance may not be paid pursuant to this section in respect of any month before June, 1984.
- R.S., 1985, c. O-9, s. 30
- R.S., 1985, c. 34 (1st Supp.), s. 8
- 2000, c. 12, ss. 202, 209(E)
- Date modified: