Public Sector Pension Investment Board Act
14 (1) The Governor in Council shall, on the recommendation of the Minister after the Minister has consulted with the board of directors, the Minister of National Defence and the Solicitor General of Canada, designate one of the directors as Chairperson to hold office during good behaviour.
(2) The Governor in Council may remove the Chairperson for cause.
Marginal note:Presiding at meetings
(3) The Chairperson shall preside at all meetings of the board of directors and may exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions that are specified by the board of directors.
Marginal note:Replacement of Chairperson
(4) If the Chairperson is absent at any meeting of the board of directors, one of the directors present who is chosen to so act by the directors present shall preside and have all the powers, duties and functions of the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Incapacity of Chairperson
(5) If the Chairperson is incapable of performing his or her duties or there is a vacancy in the office of Chairperson, the Minister may designate another director to exercise the powers and perform the duties and functions of the Chairperson.
Marginal note:Remuneration of Chairperson
(6) The Chairperson is entitled to receive from the Board the remuneration that may be fixed by the by-laws, which remuneration shall be fixed having regard to the remuneration received by persons having similar responsibilities and engaged in similar activities.
- Date modified: