Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Objection to appointment
44 (1) Within seven days after the day on which a member is served with a notice under subsection 43(2), the member may object in writing to the designated officer referred to in subsection 43(1) to the appointment of any person as a member of the conduct board, and the designated officer shall, on receiving the objection, decide whether to reject the objection or to allow the objection and appoint another person as a member of the board.
Marginal note:Reasons for objection
(2) The objection must contain reasons for the objection.
(3) After the designated officer makes a decision under subsection (1) with respect to an objection, the designated officer shall serve the member making the objection with a notice in writing setting out the decision and the reasons for it, and, if the objection is allowed, the designated officer shall
Marginal note:Objection to new person
(4) The provisions of this section apply, with any modifications that the circumstances require, with respect to the appointment of a person under subsection (3) as though the notice setting out the name of the person were a notice referred to in subsection (1).
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 44
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- 2013, c. 18, s. 29
- Date modified: