Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Discharge and demotion board
45.2 (1) Within seven days after the day a designated officer receives a request under subsection 45.19(5), the designated officer shall appoint three officers as members of a discharge and demotion board to conduct the review requested and shall serve the officer or other member requesting the review with a notice in writing setting out the names of the officers so appointed.
(2) At least one of the officers appointed as a member of a discharge and demotion board shall be a graduate of a school of law recognized by the law society of any province.
Marginal note:Applicable provisions
(3) Subsections 44(1) to (4) apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, with respect to a notice under subsection (1) as though
Marginal note:Eligibility limited
(4) An officer is not eligible to be appointed as a member of a discharge and demotion board if the officer
(5) After the conclusion of all proceedings under this section, the designated officer shall designate one of the members of the discharge and demotion board as chairman.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- Date modified: