Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Appeal to Commissioner
45.24 (1) A party to a review by a discharge and demotion board may appeal the decision of the board to the Commissioner, but no appeal may be instituted under this section after the expiration of fourteen days from the later of
Marginal note:Grounds of appeal
(2) An appeal lies to the Commissioner on any ground of appeal.
Marginal note:Statement of appeal
(3) An appeal to the Commissioner shall be instituted by filing with the Commissioner a statement of appeal in writing setting out the grounds on which the appeal is made and any submissions in respect thereof.
Marginal note:Statement served on other party
(4) A party appealing a decision of a discharge and demotion board to the Commissioner shall forthwith serve the other party with a copy of the statement of appeal.
Marginal note:Submissions in reply
(5) A party who is served with a copy of the statement of appeal under subsection (4) may, within fourteen days after the day the statement is served, file with the Commissioner written submissions in reply, and if that party does so, that party shall forthwith serve a copy thereof on the party appealing.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- Date modified: