Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Full- or part-time
(2) Each member of the Commission holds office during good behaviour for a term of not more than five years but may be removed for cause at any time by the Governor in Council.
(3) Members of the Commission are to be paid the remuneration that is to be determined by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Travel, living and other expenses
(4) Members of the Commission are entitled to be reimbursed, in accordance with Treasury Board directives, for the travel, living and other expenses incurred in connection with their work for the Commission while absent, in the case of full-time members, from their ordinary place of work or, in the case of part-time members, from their ordinary place of residence.
Marginal note:Application of Public Service Superannuation Act
Marginal note:Application of other Acts
(6) Members of the Commission are deemed to be employed in the federal public administration for the purposes of the Government Employees Compensation Act and any regulations made under section 9 of the Aeronautics Act.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- 2013, c. 18, s. 35
- Date modified: