Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Review and report
45.34 (1) For the purpose of ensuring that the activities of the Force are carried out in accordance with this Act or the Witness Protection Program Act, any regulations or ministerial directions made under them or any policy, procedure or guideline relating to the operation of the Force, the Commission may, on the request of the Minister or on its own initiative, conduct a review of specified activities of the Force and provide a report to the Minister and the Commissioner on the review.
(2) In order to conduct a review on its own initiative, the Commission shall be satisfied that
(3) Before conducting a review on its own initiative, the Commission shall give a notice to the Minister indicating that the Commission is satisfied that the conditions referred to in subsection (2) have been met and setting out the rationale for conducting the review.
Marginal note:Policies, procedures and guidelines
(4) The Commission shall include in the report any findings and recommendations that it sees fit regarding the adequacy, appropriateness, sufficiency or clarity of any policy, procedure or guideline relating to the operation of the Force.
Marginal note:Copy of report to provincial ministers
(5) The Commission may provide a copy of the report to the provincial minister who has the primary responsibility for policing in any province in respect of which there is an arrangement between the government of the province and the Minister under section 20.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- 2013, c. 18, s. 35
- Date modified: