Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Other officers
(a) Deputy Commissioners,
(b) Assistant Commissioners,
(c) Chief Superintendents,
(f) [Repealed, R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 3]
and such other ranks as are prescribed by the Governor in Council.
Marginal note:Maximum number
(2) The maximum number of officers in each rank shall be as prescribed by the Treasury Board.
Marginal note:Appointment of Deputy Commissioners
(3) The Governor in Council may appoint any person to the rank of Deputy Commissioner to hold office during pleasure.
Marginal note:Appointment of other officers
(4) The Commissioner may appoint any person to any other rank of officer and, by way of promotion, appoint an officer to a higher rank, other than to the rank of Deputy Commissioner.
(5) The Governor in Council may authorize the issue of a commission under the Great Seal to an officer on the officer’s first appointment to the rank of an officer or on the recommendation of the Commissioner.
- R.S., 1985, c. R-10, s. 6
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), ss. 3, 24(E)
- 2013, c. 18, s. 5
- Date modified: