Railway Safety Act
Marginal note:Enforcement through court
Marginal note:Orders of railway safety inspectors
(2) For the purpose of enabling an order contained in a notice served on a railway company or person by a railway safety inspector to be enforced as an order of a court under this section, the Minister may, by notice sent to that company or person, confirm that order, and that order thereupon has effect as an order of the Minister.
(3) To make an order or emergency directive of the Minister an order of a court, the usual practice and procedure of the court in such matters may be followed or, in lieu thereof, the Minister may file with the registrar of the court a certified copy of the order or directive and the order or directive thereupon becomes an order of the court.
Marginal note:Effect of revocation
(4) When an order or emergency directive of the Minister that has been made an order of a court pursuant to this section is revoked by a subsequent order or directive of the Minister, the order of the court shall be deemed to have been cancelled.
Marginal note:Option to enforce
(5) The Minister may, before or after an order or emergency directive is made an order of a court pursuant to this section, enforce the order or directive by the Minister’s own action.
- R.S., 1985, c. 32 (4th Supp.), s. 34
- 2002, c. 8, s. 168
- 2006, c. 11, s. 26
- 2007, c. 19, s. 53
- Date modified: