Territorial Lands Act
9 (1) In this section, the expressions registrar and certificate of title have the meanings assigned by any ordinance of the Northwest Territories or any law of the Legislature for Nunavut in respect of title to real property.
Marginal note:Issue of notification
(2) A notification may be issued to a registrar directing the registrar to issue a certificate of title to a person named therein in respect of territorial lands described therein that are within the registration district administered by the registrar.
Marginal note:Execution of notification
(3) A notification pursuant to subsection (2) shall be signed and issued,
(a) in the case of territorial lands described in subsection 3(1), by the Minister, the Deputy Minister or any other officer of the Department authorized in writing for that purpose by the Minister; and
(b) in the case of territorial lands described in subsection 3(2), by the Commissioner of the Northwest Territories if the lands are in the Northwest Territories or by the Commissioner of Nunavut if the lands are in Nunavut.
Marginal note:Effect of issue of notification
(4) The issue of a notification pursuant to subsection (2) has the same force and effect as a grant of territorial land made by letters patent under the Great Seal.
Marginal note:Notification to set out nature of grant
(5) A notification shall set out the nature of the estate thereby granted and any easements, rights or other interests excepted or reserved therefrom.
- R.S., 1985, c. T-7, s. 9
- 1993, c. 28, s. 78, c. 41, s. 14
- 2002, c. 7, s. 243
- Date modified: