Canada Wildlife Act
Marginal note:Contravention of Act or regulations
(a) is guilty of an offence punishable on summary conviction and is liable
(b) is guilty of an indictable offence and is liable
Marginal note:Subsequent offence
(2) Where a person is convicted of an offence under this Act a second or subsequent time, the amount of the fine for the subsequent offence may, notwithstanding subsection (1), be double the amount set out in that subsection.
Marginal note:Continuing offence
(3) A person who commits or continues an offence on more than one day is liable to be convicted for a separate offence for each day on which the offence is committed or continued.
Marginal note:Fines cumulative
(4) A fine imposed for an offence involving more than one animal, plant or other organism may be calculated in respect of each one as though it had been the subject of a separate information and the fine then imposed is the total of that calculation.
Marginal note:Additional fine
(5) Where a person has been convicted of an offence and the court is satisfied that monetary benefits accrued to the person as a result of the commission of the offence,
- R.S., 1985, c. W-9, s. 13
- 1994, c. 23, s. 15
- Date modified: