Assisted Human Reproduction Act
Marginal note:Board of directors
26 (1) There shall be a board of directors of the Agency consisting of not more than 12 members, including a Chairperson and the President of the Agency.
Marginal note:Appointment criteria
(2) The membership of the board of directors must reflect a range of backgrounds and disciplines relevant to the Agency's objectives.
Marginal note:Part-time service
(3) The members of the board of directors shall perform their duties and functions on a part-time basis.
Marginal note:Term of office
(4) A member of the board shall be appointed by the Governor in Council for a term not exceeding three years. Each initial member of the board shall be appointed to hold office for a term that will ensure, so far as possible, the expiry in any one year of the terms of office of not more than one third of the members.
Marginal note:Removal and reappointment
(5) A member of the board shall be appointed to hold office during pleasure, and is eligible for reappointment.
Marginal note:Continuation in office
(6) If no successor is appointed to take office on the expiry of a member's term of appointment, the member continues in office until a successor is appointed.
Marginal note:Provisions not applicable
(7) Subsections (3) to (6) do not apply to the Chairperson or the President.
Marginal note:Persons not eligible to be directors
(8) A person is not eligible to be a member of the board of directors if they hold a licence or are an applicant for a licence or a director, officer, shareholder or partner of a licensee or applicant for a licence.
- 2004, c. 2, s. 26
- 2010, c. 12, s. 1656
- Date modified: