Marginal note:Restriction on insurance business
Marginal note:Restriction on acting as agent
(2) A bank shall not act in Canada as agent for any person in the placing of insurance and shall not lease or provide space in any branch in Canada of the bank to any person engaged in the placing of insurance.
(3) The Governor in Council may make regulations respecting the matters referred to in subsection (1) and regulations respecting relations between banks and
(4) Nothing in this section precludes a bank from
(5) [Repealed, 1997, c. 15, s. 45]
(6) For the purposes of this section, the business of insurance includes the issuance of any annuity where the liability thereon is contingent on the death of a person.
- 1991, c. 46, s. 416
- 1997, c. 15, s. 45
- Date modified: