Bank of Canada Act
Marginal note:Sole right of note issue
Marginal note:Arrangements for issue
(2) It is the duty of the Bank to make adequate arrangements for the issue of its notes in Canada and to supply those notes as required for circulation in Canada.
(3) Notes of the Bank shall be in such denominations and shall be printed and signed or otherwise executed as the Governor in Council by regulation determines.
Marginal note:Form and material
(4) The form and material of the notes of the Bank shall be subject to approval by the Minister, but each note shall be printed in both the English and French languages.
Marginal note:Notes previously printed
(5) Notwithstanding anything contained in this section, each note of the Bank printed before June 23, 1936, whether issued before, on or after that date, is a valid and binding obligation of the Bank.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-2, s. 25
- 2001, c. 9, s. 198
- Date modified: