Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act
Marginal note:Receiving order on default, etc.
63 (1) Where default is made in the performance of any provision in a proposal, or where it appears to the court that the proposal cannot continue without injustice or undue delay or that the approval of the court was obtained by fraud, the court may, on application thereto, with such notice as the court may direct to the debtor, and, if applicable to the trustee and to the creditors, annul the proposal.
Marginal note:Validity of things done
(2) An order made under subsection (1) shall be made without prejudice to the validity of any sale, disposition of property or payment duly made, or anything duly done under or in pursuance of the proposal, and notwithstanding the annulment of the proposal, a guarantee given pursuant to the proposal remains in full force and effect in accordance with its terms.
Marginal note:Annulment for offence
(3) A proposal, although accepted or approved, may be annulled by order of the court at the request of the trustee or of any creditor whenever the debtor is afterwards convicted of any offence under this Act.
Marginal note:Effect of annulling order
(4) On the annulment of a proposal, the debtor shall be deemed to have thereupon made an assignment and the order annulling the proposal shall so state.
Marginal note:Meeting of creditors to be called
(5) Where an order annulling a proposal has been made, the trustee shall, within five days after the order is made, send notice of the meeting of creditors under section 102, at which meeting the creditors may by ordinary resolution, notwithstanding section 14, affirm the appointment of the trustee or appoint another licensed trustee in lieu of that trustee.
Marginal note:Consequences of annulment
(6) Where an order annulling the proposal described in subsection (5) has been made, the trustee shall forthwith file a report thereof in the prescribed form with the official receiver, who shall thereupon issue a certificate of assignment in the prescribed form, which has the same effect for the purposes of this Act as an assignment filed pursuant to section 49.
- R.S., 1985, c. B-3, s. 63
- 1992, c. 27, s. 28
- 2004, c. 25, s. 34(F)
- Date modified: