Marginal note:Revocation by Minister — fraud, false representation, etc.
10 (1) Subject to subsection 10.1(1), the Minister may revoke a person’s citizenship or renunciation of citizenship if the Minister is satisfied on a balance of probabilities that the person has obtained, retained, renounced or resumed his or her citizenship by false representation or fraud or by knowingly concealing material circumstances.
(2) [Repealed, 2017, c. 14, s. 3]
(3) Before revoking a person’s citizenship or renunciation of citizenship, the Minister shall provide the person with a written notice that specifies
(4) A hearing may be held if the Minister, on the basis of prescribed factors, is of the opinion that a hearing is required.
Marginal note:Notice of decision
(5) The Minister shall provide his or her decision to the person in writing.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-29, s. 10
- 2014, c. 22, s. 8
- 2017, c. 14, s. 3
- Date modified: