Canada Business Corporations Act
Marginal note:Appointing proxyholder
148 (1) A shareholder entitled to vote at a meeting of shareholders may by means of a proxy appoint a proxyholder or one or more alternate proxyholders who are not required to be shareholders, to attend and act at the meeting in the manner and to the extent authorized by the proxy and with the authority conferred by the proxy.
Marginal note:Execution of proxy
(2) A proxy shall be executed by the shareholder or by the shareholder’s attorney authorized in writing.
Marginal note:Validity of proxy
(3) A proxy is valid only at the meeting in respect of which it is given or any adjournment thereof.
Marginal note:Revocation of proxy
(4) A shareholder may revoke a proxy
(a) by depositing an instrument in writing executed by the shareholder or by the shareholder’s attorney authorized in writing
(b) in any other manner permitted by law.
Marginal note:Deposit of proxies
(5) The directors may specify in a notice calling a meeting of shareholders a time not exceeding forty-eight hours, excluding Saturdays and holidays, preceding the meeting or an adjournment thereof before which time proxies to be used at the meeting must be deposited with the corporation or its agent.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-44, s. 148
- 2001, c. 14, s. 135(E)
- Date modified: