Marginal note:Theft, forgery, etc., of credit card
(a) steals a credit card,
(b) forges or falsifies a credit card,
(c) possesses, uses or traffics in a credit card or a forged or falsified credit card, knowing that it was obtained, made or altered
(d) uses a credit card knowing that it has been revoked or cancelled,
is guilty of
(2) An accused who is charged with an offence under subsection (1) may be tried and punished by any court having jurisdiction to try that offence in the place where the offence is alleged to have been committed or in the place where the accused is found, is arrested or is in custody, but where the place where the accused is found, is arrested or is in custody is outside the province in which the offence is alleged to have been committed, no proceedings in respect of that offence shall be commenced in that place without the consent of the Attorney General of that province.
Marginal note:Unauthorized use of credit card data
(3) Every person who, fraudulently and without colour of right, possesses, uses, traffics in or permits another person to use credit card data, whether or not authentic, that would enable a person to use a credit card or to obtain the services that are provided by the issuer of a credit card to credit card holders is guilty of
Marginal note:Definition of “traffic”
(4) In this section, traffic means, in relation to a credit card or credit card data, to sell, export from or import into Canada, distribute or deal with in any other way.
- R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 342
- R.S., 1985, c. 27 (1st Supp.), ss. 44, 185(F)
- 1997, c. 18, s. 16
- Date modified: