Canada Marine Act
Marginal note:Federal Real Property and Federal Immovables Act
44 (1) For the purposes of the Federal Real Property and Federal Immovables Act, the Minister has the administration of the federal real property and federal immovables of a port in respect of which letters patent have been issued to the port authority, other than property the administration of which is under any other member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada.
(2) The Minister may, in the letters patent, give to a port authority the management of any federal real property or federal immovable that is administered by
(a) the Minister under subsection (1); or
(b) any other member of the Queen’s Privy Council for Canada, if the Minister has the consent of that other member.
Marginal note:Acts do not apply
(3) If the Minister gives the management of any federal real property or federal immovable to a port authority, the Federal Real Property and Federal Immovables Act, other than sections 12 to 14 and paragraphs 16(1)(a), (g) and (i) and (2)(g), does not apply to that property.
Marginal note:Surplus Crown Assets Act
(4) The Surplus Crown Assets Act does not apply to a port authority.
Marginal note:Notice to Minister
(5) If a port authority is of the opinion that any real property or immovable is no longer required for port purposes, it shall so inform the Minister.
Marginal note:Holding of real property and immovables
(6) A port authority may manage, occupy or hold only the real property and immovables set out in its letters patent.
- 1998, c. 10, s. 44
- 2001, c. 4, s. 140
- Date modified: