Canada-Nova Scotia Offshore Petroleum Resources Accord Implementation Act
Marginal note:Chief Executive Officer
25 (1) There shall be a Chief Executive Officer of the Board who
(a) where both the Federal Government and the Provincial Government appoint the Chairperson as Chief Executive Officer, is the Chairperson of the Board; or
(b) in any other case, is to be appointed by the Board by means of an open competition.
Marginal note:Approval required
(2) The appointment of a Chief Executive Officer pursuant to paragraph (1)(b) is subject to the approval of both governments.
Marginal note:Panel to choose Chief Executive Officer in the absence of agreement
(3) Where either government fails to make an appointment pursuant to paragraph (1)(a) or to approve the appointment of a Chief Executive Officer pursuant to paragraph (1)(b), the Chief Executive Officer shall be appointed by both the Federal Government and the Provincial Government after having been selected pursuant to subsection (4) by a panel constituted in accordance with section 47, unless, at any time prior to the selection of the Chief Executive Officer by the panel, the two governments agree on the appointment.
Marginal note:Selection within sixty days
(4) The Chief Executive Officer shall be selected, from among persons nominated by each government, by the panel within sixty days after the appointment of the chairperson of the panel.
Marginal note:Decision of panel binding
(5) The decision of the panel selecting a Chief Executive Officer is final and binding on both governments.
Marginal note:Application of subsection
(6) Subsection 15(1) applies, with such modifications as the circumstances require, to the appointment of the Chief Executive Officer pursuant to paragraph (1)(a) or subsection (3).
Marginal note:Absence or incapacity of Chief Executive Officer
(7) The Board shall designate a person to act as Chief Executive Officer during any absence or incapacity of that Officer or vacancy in the office of Chief Executive Officer and that person, while acting as Chief Executive Officer, has and may exercise all the powers and perform all of the duties and functions of that office.
- 1988, c. 28, s. 25
- 2014, c. 13, s. 91(E)
- Date modified: