Excise Tax Act
Marginal note:Penalty for default
7 (1) Every person who refuses or neglects to make a return as required by subsection 5(1) is liable to a penalty of five per cent of the amount of tax unpaid at the expiration of the time for filing the return.
(2) Every person who refuses or neglects to make a return as required by subsection 5(2) or (3) is liable to a penalty of ten dollars for each day of default or fifty dollars, whichever is the lesser.
- [NOTE: Application provisions are not included in the consolidated text
- see relevant amending Acts and regulations.]
- R.S., 1985, c. E-15, s. 7
- R.S., 1985, c. 7 (2nd Supp.), s. 3
- 2003, c. 15, s. 94
- Date modified: