Canada Elections Act
Marginal note:Solicitation of names
33 (1) Before appointing revising agents, a returning officer shall solicit names of suitable persons from the registered parties whose candidates finished first and second in the last election in the electoral district and, if sufficient names are not provided by those parties within three days after receipt of the request, the returning officer may solicit names from any other source.
Marginal note:Equal distribution
(2) A returning officer shall appoint half of the revising agents from among the persons recommended by the registered party whose candidate finished first in the last election in the electoral district, and half from among the persons recommended by the registered party whose candidate finished second in that election.
Marginal note:Revising agents to work in pairs
(3) A returning officer shall appoint revising agents to work in pairs and each pair shall consist, as far as possible, of persons recommended by different registered parties.
(4) A returning officer may replace a revising agent at any time and the former revising agent shall return all election materials in his or her possession to the returning officer.
Marginal note:Lists of revising agents
(5) Each returning officer shall make available to each candidate a list of the revising agents for the electoral district, on completion of the list.
(6) Each revising agent shall, while performing his or her functions, wear or carry the identification that is supplied by the Chief Electoral Officer and shall show it on request.
- Date modified: