Employment Insurance Act
Marginal note:Weeks for which benefits may be paid
(2) Subject to section 152.14, benefits are payable to a self-employed person under this section for each week of unemployment in the period
(3) When benefits are payable to a self-employed person for unemployment caused by pregnancy and any allowances, money or other benefits are payable to the person for that pregnancy under a provincial law, the benefits payable to the self-employed person under this Part shall be reduced or eliminated as prescribed.
(3.1) With regard to serving the waiting period under section 152.15, the week that immediately precedes the period described in subsection (2) is deemed to be a week that is included in that period.
Marginal note:Earnings deducted
(4) If benefits are payable under this section to a self-employed person who receives earnings for a period that falls in a week in the period described in subsection (2), the provisions of subsection 152.18(2) do not apply and, subject to subsection 152.18(3), all those earnings shall be deducted from the benefits paid for that week.
Marginal note:Extension of period
(5) If a child who is born of the self-employed person’s pregnancy is hospitalized, the period for which benefits are payable under subsection (2) shall be extended by the number of weeks during which the child is hospitalized.
(6) The extended period shall end no later than 52 weeks after the week of confinement.
- 2009, c. 33, s. 16
- 2017, c. 20, s. 244
- Date modified: