Marginal note:Publication of by-laws
86 (1) The council of a band shall publish a copy of every by-law made by the council under this Act on an Internet site, in the First Nations Gazette or in a newspaper that has general circulation on the reserve of the band, whichever the council considers appropriate in the circumstances.
Marginal note:Copies of by-laws
(2) The council of a band shall, on request by any person, provide to the person a copy of a by-law made by the council.
Marginal note:For greater certainty
(3) For greater certainty, publishing a by-law on an Internet site in accordance with subsection (1) does not discharge the council of a band from its obligation under subsection (2) to provide a copy of the by-law to any person who requests one.
Marginal note:Coming into force
(4) A by-law made by the council of a band under this Act comes into force on the day on which it is first published under subsection (1) or on any later day specified in the by-law.
Marginal note:Duration of publication — Internet site
(5) A by-law that is published on an Internet site under subsection (1) must remain accessible in that manner for the period during which it is in force.
- R.S., 1985, c. I-5, s. 86
- 2014, c. 38, s. 9
- Date modified: