Northern Pipeline Act
Marginal note:Establishment and composition
19 (1) For the purpose of assisting the Minister in carrying out the objects of this Act, the Governor in Council shall establish and set the terms of reference of one or more advisory councils each consisting of not more than ten members to be selected from outside the public service of Canada and appointed by the Governor in Council to hold office for such term as the Governor in Council may determine.
Marginal note:Yukon Advisory Council
(2) One of the advisory councils established under subsection (1) shall be the Yukon Advisory Council with members representative of areas and interests, including native interests, in Yukon.
(3) The Commissioner shall inform a council established under subsection (1) of the activities of the Agency relating to the terms of reference of the council and any such council may advise and make recommendations to the Commissioner respecting those activities.
Marginal note:Council members
(4) Each member of a council established under subsection (1) is entitled to be paid out of the funds appropriated for the Agency such fees as are fixed by the Governor in Council for attendance at meetings of the council.
(5) Each member of a council established under subsection (1) is entitled to be paid out of the funds appropriated for the Agency reasonable travel and living expenses incurred by him in connection with the performance of his duties under this Act while absent from his ordinary place of residence.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-26, s. 19
- 2002, c. 7, s. 216
- Date modified: