National Defence Act
170 (1) A Disciplinary Court Martial is composed of a military judge and a panel of three members.
Marginal note:Rank of senior member
(2) The senior member of the panel must be an officer of or above the rank of major or of or above any higher rank that may be prescribed by the Governor in Council in regulations.
Marginal note:Rank for trial of officer
(3) If the accused person is an officer, all of the members of the panel must be officers.
Marginal note:Rank for trial of non-commissioned member
(4) If the accused person is a non-commissioned member, one of the members of the panel must be a non-commissioned member who is of the rank of warrant officer or above and the other two members must be officers.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-5, s. 170
- R.S., 1985, c. 31 (1st Supp.), s. 54
- 1992, c. 16, s. 5
- 1998, c. 35, s. 42
- Date modified: