National Defence Act
Marginal note:Application for termination order
(a) if five years have elapsed since the order was made, in the case of an order referred to in paragraph 227.02(2)(a);
(b) if 10 years have elapsed since the order was made, in the case of an order referred to in paragraph 227.02(2)(b); or
(c) if 20 years have elapsed since the order was made, in the case of an order referred to in paragraph 227.02(2)(c) or subsection 227.02(2.1), (3) or (5).
Marginal note:Multiple orders
(2) A person who is subject to more than one order made under section 227.01 may apply for a termination order if 20 years have elapsed since the most recent order was made.
(3) Despite subsections (1) and (2), a person may apply for a termination order once they receive a pardon.
Marginal note:Scope of application
(4) The application shall be in relation to every order that is in effect. If a person is subject to an obligation under section 227.06 of this Act, section 490.019 or 490.02901 of the Criminal Code or section 36.1 of the International Transfer of Offenders Act, the application shall also be in relation to that obligation.
(5) A person whose application is refused may re-apply if five years have elapsed since they made the previous application. They may also re-apply once they receive a pardon. However, they may not re-apply under this subsection if an order is made with respect to them under section 227.01 of this Act or section 490.012 of the Criminal Code after the previous application was made.
(6) The application shall be made to the Chief Military Judge if the applicant is subject to the Code of Service Discipline or is an officer, or non-commissioned member, of the primary reserve at the time. In any other case, the application shall be made to a court under section 490.015 of the Criminal Code.
Marginal note:Court martial
(7) On receipt of the application, the Chief Military Judge shall cause the Court Martial Administrator to convene a Standing Court Martial to try the issue.
- 2007, c. 5, s. 4
- 2008, c. 29, s. 20
- 2010, c. 17, s. 49
- Date modified: