National Defence Act
232 (1) An appeal or application for leave to appeal under this Division shall be stated on a form to be known as a Notice of Appeal, which shall contain particulars of the grounds on which the appeal is founded and shall be signed by the appellant.
(2) A Notice of Appeal is not invalid by reason only of informality or the fact that it deviates from the prescribed form.
Marginal note:Limitation period
(3) No appeal or application for leave to appeal under this Division shall be entertained unless the Notice of Appeal is delivered within thirty days after the date on which the court martial terminated its proceedings to the Registry of the Court Martial Appeal Court or, in such circumstances as may be prescribed by the Governor in Council in regulations, to a person prescribed in those regulations.
(4) The Court Martial Appeal Court or a judge thereof may at any time extend the time within which a Notice of Appeal must be delivered.
Marginal note:Forwarding statement
(5) Where a Notice of Appeal is delivered pursuant to subsection (3) to a person prescribed by the Governor in Council in regulations, the person shall forward the Notice of Appeal to the Registry of the Court Martial Appeal Court.
- R.S., 1985, c. N-5, s. 232
- 1991, c. 43, s. 22
- 1998, c. 35, s. 92
- Date modified: