Pest Control Products Act
Marginal note:Export control list
33 (1) The Governor in Council may, by order, establish a Pest Control Products Export Control List consisting of pest control products that meet the prescribed criteria.
(2) No person shall export a pest control product that is on the Pest Control Products Export Control List, except as authorized under this Act.
(3) An application for authorization to export a pest control product must be made to the Minister in the form and manner directed by the Minister.
(4) The Minister may authorize an applicant to export a pest control product to a specified country if
(a) the applicant satisfies the Minister that the prescribed requirements for the authorization are or will be met; and
(b) the proposed export is not prohibited under any other Act of Parliament.
(5) The authorization is subject to any conditions that the Minister considers necessary for carrying out the purposes of this Act.
Marginal note:Public notice
(6) The Minister shall give public notice of the authorization.
Marginal note:Offence and punishment
(7) Every person who contravenes subsection (2) or who knowingly provides false or misleading information in connection with an authorization is guilty of an offence and liable
(a) on summary conviction, to a fine of not more than $200,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than six months, or to both; or
(b) on conviction on indictment, to a fine of not more than $500,000 or to imprisonment for a term of not more than three years, or to both.
- Date modified: