Royal Canadian Mounted Police Act
Marginal note:Referral to Committee
45.15 (1) If an appeal relates to any of the following conduct measures, or to any finding that resulted in its imposition, the Commissioner, before considering the appeal, shall refer the case to the Committee:
(a) a financial penalty of more than one day of the member’s pay;
(b) a demotion;
(c) a direction to resign;
(d) a recommendation for dismissal; or
(e) a dismissal.
(2) [Repealed, 2013, c. 18, s. 30]
Marginal note:Request by member
(3) Notwithstanding subsection (1), the member whose case is appealed to the Commissioner may request the Commissioner not to refer the case to the Committee and, on such a request, the Commissioner may either not refer the case to the Committee or, if the Commissioner considers that a reference to the Committee is appropriate notwithstanding the request, refer the case to the Committee.
(4) [Repealed, 2013, c. 18, s. 30]
Marginal note:Applicable provisions
(5) Sections 34 and 35 apply, with such modifications as the circumstances require, with respect to a case referred to the Committee pursuant to this section as though the case were a grievance referred to the Committee pursuant to section 33.
- R.S., 1985, c. 8 (2nd Supp.), s. 16
- 2013, c. 18, s. 30
- Date modified: