Special Import Measures Act
Marginal note:Appeal to the Tribunal
61 (1) Subject to section 77.012 or 77.12, a person who deems himself aggrieved by a re-determination of the President made pursuant to section 59 with respect to any goods may appeal therefrom to the Tribunal by filing a notice of appeal in writing with the President and the Secretary of the Tribunal within ninety days after the day on which the re-determination was made.
Marginal note:Publication of notice of appeal
(2) Notice of the hearing of an appeal under subsection (1) must be published in the Canada Gazette at least twenty-one days before the day of the hearing, and any person who enters an appearance with the Secretary at least seven days before the day of the hearing may be heard on the appeal.
Marginal note:Order or finding of the Tribunal
(3) On any appeal under subsection (1), the Tribunal may make such order or finding as the nature of the matter may require and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, may declare what duty is payable or that no duty is payable on the goods with respect to which the appeal was taken, and an order, finding or declaration of the Tribunal is final and conclusive subject to further appeal as provided in section 62.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-15, s. 61
- R.S., 1985, c. 47 (4th Supp.), s. 52
- 1993, c. 44, s. 216
- 1999, c. 12, s. 35, c. 17, s. 183
- 2005, c. 38, s. 134
- Date modified: