63 (1) Any interested person may submit an application to the President for a scope ruling with respect to any goods.
Marginal note:Application review period
(2) The President shall, within 30 days after the day on which he or she receives the application, determine if it should be rejected or if a scope proceeding should be initiated.
Marginal note:Extension of review period
(3) The President may extend the period set out in subsection (2) to 45 days.
Marginal note:Prescribed criteria
(4) The President shall reject the application if any criteria prescribing the rejection of an application apply.
Marginal note:Prescribed circumstances
(5) The President may reject an application in the prescribed circumstances.
(6) The President shall provide written notice to the applicant if their application is rejected under subsection (4) or (5) and give reasons for the rejection.
Marginal note:Incomplete application
(7) If an application is incomplete, the notice referred to in subsection (6) must identify the deficiencies in the application.
Marginal note:Initiation of scope proceeding
(8) If the President does not reject the application under subsection (4) or (5), the President shall initiate a scope proceeding with respect to the goods that are the subject of the application.
- R.S., 1985, c. S-15, s. 63
- R.S., 1985, c. 47 (4th Supp.), s. 52
- 2017, c. 20, s. 89
- Date modified: