Status of the Artist Act
10 (1) The Canadian Artists and Producers Professional Relations Tribunal is hereby established, composed of a Chairperson, a Vice-chairperson and not less than two or more than four other full-time or part-time members.
(2) The Governor in Council, on the recommendation of the Minister in consultation with the Minister of Canadian Heritage, shall appoint the members of the Tribunal to hold office during good behaviour, subject to removal by the Governor in Council for cause.
Marginal note:Term of office
(3) The members of the Tribunal shall be appointed for a term not exceeding
(a) seven years, in the case of the Chairperson;
(b) five years, in the case of the Vice-chairperson and any full-time member; and
(c) three years, in the case of any other member.
(4) Each member is eligible for re-appointment to the Tribunal in the same or another capacity.
Marginal note:Appointment excludes other duties
(5) The full-time members of the Tribunal shall devote the whole of their time to the performance of their duties under this Part.
Marginal note:Conflict of interest
(6) No member of the Tribunal shall accept or hold any office or employment that is inconsistent with the member’s duties or take part in any matter before the Tribunal in which the member has an interest.
- 1992, c. 33, s. 10
- 1995, c. 11, s. 39
- Date modified: