Status of the Artist Act
Marginal note:Informal proceedings
(2) In order to ensure that the purpose of this Part is achieved, the members of the Board may consult with other members or the Board’s staff in respect of any matter before it.
Marginal note:Right to appear
(3) Any interested person may intervene in a proceeding before the Board with its permission, and anyone appearing before the Board may be represented by counsel or an agent or mandatary.
Marginal note:Notice of facts
(4) The Board may take notice of facts that may be judicially noticed and, subject to subsection (5), of any other generally recognized facts and any information that is within its specialized knowledge.
Marginal note:Notification of intention
(5) The Board shall notify the parties and any intervenor in the proceeding before it of its intention to take notice of any facts or information, other than facts that may be judicially noticed, and afford them an opportunity to make representations in that regard.
Marginal note:Report on evidence
(6) The Chairperson of the Board may direct any member to receive evidence relating to a matter before the Board, to make a report on it to the Board, and to provide a copy of the report to all parties and any intervenor in the proceeding.
(7) After granting all parties and intervenors an opportunity to make representations on any report made under subsection (6), the Board may make a determination on the basis of the report or hold any further hearings that it considers necessary in the circumstances.
- 1992, c. 33, s. 19
- 2012, c. 19, s. 538
- Date modified: