Textile Labelling and Advertising Regulations
12 (1) A dealer who resides in Canada may apply to the Commissioner for an identification number for use on the label of a consumer textile article in place of the dealer’s name and postal address if the dealer
(2) An application for an identification number shall
(a) be in writing;
(b) set out
(i) the name under which the dealer carries on business in Canada,
(ii) the name of an official, employed by the dealer and residing in Canada, who is authorized by the dealer to make the application,
(iii) the address and telephone number of the dealer’s place of business in Canada, or of the dealer’s head office where that office is in Canada, and
(iv) the dealer’s postal address in Canada, where the address set out under subparagraph (iii) is not appropriate for postal delivery; and
(c) be accompanied by a fee of $100.
(3) The Commissioner shall assign an identification number to a dealer if the dealer meets the requirements set out in subsections (1) and (2).
(4) A dealer may use the identification number on the label of a consumer textile article in place of the dealer’s name and postal address if the information required by paragraph (2)(b) is up-to-date.
(5) If a dealer transfers the identification number to a subsequent dealer, the subsequent dealer may use the identification number in place of the subsequent dealer’s name and postal address if
(6) to (9) [Repealed, SOR/2018-253, s. 2]
- SOR/86-643, s. 1
- SOR/87-247, s. 4
- SOR/96-92, s. 2
- SOR/2018-253, s. 2
- Date modified: