Hull Construction Regulations
(a) positioned aft of any cargo tank or slop tank;
(b) isolated from any cargo tank or slop tank by a coffer-dam, a cargo pump room or an oil fuel bunker tank; and
(c) where it is isolated from a cargo tank or slop tank by a coffer-dam or a cargo pump room, positioned aft of such coffer-dam or cargo pump room.
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the lower portion of a cargo pump room may be recessed into a machinery space of Category A to accommodate pumps if the height of the recess is not more than one-third of the molded depth.
(3) The lower portion of a cargo pump room may be recessed into a machinery space of Category A in excess of the height set out in subsection (2) where
(a) for reasons of access and satisfactory piping arrangements the requirements of subsection (2) are impracticable;
(b) the height of the recess does not exceed one- half of the molded depth; and
(c) the ship in respect of which the cargo pump room is to be recessed is not more than 25 000 tonnes deadweight.
(4) Subject to subsection (5), every accommodation space, cargo control station, control station and service space, excluding any isolated cargo handling gear locker, shall be positioned aft of
(5) The Board may permit an accommodation space, control station, machinery space, other than a machinery space of Category A, or service space to be positioned forward of any cargo tank, slop tank, cargo pump room or coffer-dam if the Board is satisfied that
(6) Where any space used for navigation purposes is located above a cargo tank area, that space shall be
(7) Where a deck on which oil spills may occur contains any accommodation space or service space, the deck shall be fitted with a continuous coaming extending from side to side of the ship or other suitable means for keeping oil spills on deck away from such spaces.
(8) Any opening in the cargo tank area or the boundary of a superstructure or a deckhouse shall be arranged to
(9) Any source of ignition such as electrical equipment shall be arranged so as to avoid the dangers of explosion.
- SOR/78-605, s. 3
- SOR/83-521, s. 4
- SOR/90-240, s. 4
- Date modified: