Large Fishing Vessel Inspection Regulations
(2) [Repealed, SOR/2021-135, s. 58]
(3) Where main engines depend on compressed air for starting, there shall be sufficient air receiver capacity provided to permit, without replenishment of the air,
(a) 12 consecutive starts of reversible engines, and
(b) six consecutive starts of non-reversible engines,
and there shall be provided one air compressor driven by a prime mover that can be started without the use of compressed air.
(4) A safety valve shall be provided on every air receiver or on the piping between each air compressor and each air receiver, but where the safety valve is fitted on the piping, a fusible plug shall be provided on each air receiver.
(5) Exhaust pipes and silencers shall be efficiently water-cooled, lagged or so installed that they will create no fire hazard.
(6) Where exhaust pipes pass through the side of a fishing vessel, the connection shall be watertight and provision shall be made so that the engine cannot be flooded.
(7) [Repealed, SOR/2021-135, s. 58]
(8) [Repealed, SOR/2021-135, s. 58]
- SOR/95-372, s. 7
- SOR/2021-135, s. 58
- Date modified: