Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (SOR/2002-227)
- HTMLFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (Accessibility Buttons available) |
- XMLFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations [1433 KB] |
- PDFFull Document: Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations [2495 KB]
Regulations are current to 2023-03-06 and last amended on 2022-11-16. Previous Versions
Marginal note:Approval of application
154 (1) An officer shall approve an application referred to in paragraph 153(1)(b) if, on the basis of the documentation submitted with the application, the officer determines that
(a) the sponsor has the financial resources to fulfil the settlement plan for the duration of the undertaking, unless subsection 157(1) applies; and
(b) the sponsor has made adequate arrangements in anticipation of the arrival of the foreign national and their family members in the expected community of settlement.
Marginal note:Duration of sponsor’s undertaking
(2) Subject to subsection (3), the duration of an undertaking is one year.
Marginal note:Officer’s determination
(3) An officer may, on the basis of the assessment made under paragraph 139(1)(g), require that the duration of the undertaking be more than one year but not more than three years.
- Date modified: