Government of Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada


Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (SOR/2002-227)

Regulations are current to 2024-06-19 and last amended on 2024-06-19. Previous Versions

Marginal note:Application on entry

 A foreign national may apply for a study permit when entering Canada if they are

  • (a) a national or a permanent resident of the United States;

  • (b) a person who has been lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence;

  • (c) a resident of Greenland; or

  • (d) a resident of St. Pierre and Miquelon.

  • (e) [Repealed, SOR/2014-14, s. 10]

Date modified: